- The following franchises are considered:
- IPL (Indian Premier League, from 2008)
- BBL (Big Bash League, from 2011)
- CPL (Caribbean Premier League, from 2013)
- The IPL is taken as the standard of quality franchise T20 cricket, so only leagues that relatively match its quality with siginificant international player presence are considered.
- FT20 scorecards are parsed to rate every team performance. Scorecard information is sourced to generate an accurate assessment of each player's performance.
- Match results are used to generate team ratings. Fielding performances are evaluated by parsing detailed text commentary (More detail here). Win shares are calculated by attributing over-by-over team match odds changes to the appropriate player.
- Current FT20 Team Rankings:
This is evaluated using a weighted average of a team's match results. More weight is given to recent performances with past performances diminishing in value with time. A higher rated team loses more points for losing to a lower rated team, and vice versa. Away wins are given more credit (losses lower penalty) with home losses given higher penalty (wins lower credit). Each team starts at 350 points and moves higher on wins and lower on losses. Ties will slightly reduce the higher rated team's rating while slightly increasing the lower team's rating.
- FT20 Team Careers:
This evaluates overall team ratings by calculating the average team current rating, with a bonus given to more matches played and a penalty for teams that have played less than 20 matches (increasing penalty for lower matches played).