- The following franchises are considered:
- IPL (Indian Premier League, from 2008)
- BBL (Big Bash League, from 2011)
- CPL (Caribbean Premier League, from 2013)
- The IPL is taken as the standard of quality franchise T20 cricket, so only leagues that relatively match its quality with siginificant international player presence are considered.
- FT20 scorecards are parsed to rate every fielding performance. Scorecard information is sourced to generate an accurate assessment of each player's performance.
- Match results are used to generate team ratings. Fielding performances are evaluated by parsing detailed text commentary (More detail here). Win shares are calculated by attributing over-by-over team match odds changes to the appropriate player.
- Current Best/Worst FT20 Fielders:
This is evaluated using a weighted average of a player's fielding performances. More weight is given to recent performances with past performances diminishing in value with time. Unestablished players that have played less than 10 matches are penalized to avoid cases where a few highly rated matches can catapult a newer player to the top of the pile.
- Best/Worst FT20 Fielding Careers:
This evaluates overall careers by calculating the average match fielding rating of each player, with a bonus given to career longevity (where playing the most number of years while missing the least percentage of matches gets the most credit) and a penalty for careers of less than 100 matches (increasing penalty for lower matches played). An additional bonus is added based on the player's drop rate (percentage of catches dropped).
- Best/Worst FT20 Fielding Performances:
This is a list of the highest and lowest rated fielding performances.