- The following franchises are considered:
- IPL (Indian Premier League, from 2008)
- BBL (Big Bash League, from 2011)
- CPL (Caribbean Premier League, from 2013)
- The IPL is taken as the standard of quality franchise T20 cricket, so only leagues that relatively match its quality with siginificant international player presence are considered.
- FT20 scorecards are parsed to rate every all-round performance. Scorecard information is sourced to generate an accurate assessment of each player's performance.
- Match results are used to generate team ratings. Fielding performances are evaluated by parsing detailed text commentary (More detail here). Win shares are calculated by attributing over-by-over team match odds changes to the appropriate player.
- Current Top FT20 All-Rounders:
This is evaluated using a weighted average of a player's all-round performances. More weight is given to recent performances with past performances diminishing in value with time. Unestablished players that have played less than 10 matches are penalized to avoid cases where a few highly rated matches can catapult a newer player to the top of the pile.
- Best FT20 All-Round Careers:
This evaluates overall careers by calculating the average match all-round rating of each player, with a bonus given to career longevity and a penalty for careers of less than 40 matches (increasing penalty for lower matches played). An additional bonus is added based on the player's batting average - bowling average ratio.
- Best FT20 All-Round Performances:
This is a list of the highest rated all-round performances.